Monday, August 2, 2010

A Whole Foods Latte

Literally, I had a latte today from Whole Foods and it inspired me to write again. Who knew they made such a good iced, non-fat mocha with half the mocha? The summer is winding down, and we're spending this last week of vacation shifting gears so that next Monday won't come as quite a shock. We were running low on practically everything and expecting some friends for lunch so off to Whole Foods we went.

I know, it's a little pricey, and I've heard it referred to as "Whole Paycheck," but it really is a great store. It is worth it to me to spend a little extra money to shop in a store where my kids don't keep asking me to put more junk food in the shopping cart. They seem to have figured out what I'm doing. Today Mason asked if I would buy a box of lollipops, "but Mommy, they're organic" was his plea. We didn't get the lollipops, but we did get some sorbet from the gelato counter right next to the lattes.

I realize that Whole Foods might not be the right place for every mom to shop. I would prefer to grow tomatoes in my own garden, but since I haven't gotten around to that, yet, I feel better knowing that I'm getting local organic tomatoes for my family. Today's latte is to at least go try a latte, they're really good and actually a little less expensive than at some other coffee shops, and while you're there, stroll around. I've gotten a few great organic cotton tees while shopping there. My kids may not understand what organic means, but they know it's something healthy, and so that's a start.

No comments: