Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Thoughts

It's raining here - again. After years of severe drought conditions in Atlanta, we just finished up the second rainiest October on record. It's tough for moms and kids when all activities have to take place indoors. On top of the rain, lots of illnesses are going around these days, and I've been coughing for weeks. But I'm going to look on the bright side of things.

I once read somewhere that a good way to stay happy with your life is to write down three things each evening that made you happy during the day. So here are some of my happy thoughts from the last couple of days: 1) Watching all 3 of my kids have fun doing yoga poses from a set of cards I got them a couple of years ago. 2) Amelia Bedila books (they're really funny). 3) Making a moth costume for Mason to wear in his 2nd grade musical tomorrow without making a single trip to Target for supplies, and then getting called McGyver mom by a Facebook friend. 4) A gingerbread white chocolate latte! 5) Charlotte doing her ballet twirls all over the living room to show off her adorable skirt.

Even if your latte isn't as fancy as mine, find some things to be happy about today! It might help you forget the rain for a little while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! Great list and to think that you posted 5 things instead of just 3. We are blessed people aren't we? Thanks for reminding me to be a grateful person too.

Mom said...

Thank you, wonderful Amy! I needed that. The main thing that is making me happy these days is knowing that I will see you and your incredible family VERY SOON!!

I love all of you very much,
Mom