Sunday, April 12, 2009

Road Trip

Spring Break 2009 -  We saw the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, dined with new American Girl dolls (thank you Nana), ran around Grand Central Station, took a carriage ride in Central Park, and found new Bakugan at the 3 story Toys R Us in Times Square (thanks again Nana).  We played with great friends while in the DC area and caught up with family in New York City.  Our family of 5 piled into our 4 Runner, made sure the DVD player was working, and we drove though 10 states and logged almost 2000 miles over the course of the week.  I'm exhausted!

I had an amazing time seeing the kids take in the sights and excitement of DC and New York for the first time.  It was a LONG drive, but well worth it.  It is great as a family to take some time away from the routine and schedule of every day.  A break from lattes and Facebook for me(I drank regular coffee all week), and a break from Noggin, Cartoon Network, and school for the kids.  It will probably take us all week to get back on track with school and work, but at least we made it home, we unpacked, and we went to Starbucks to start the day.  My latte to you is to take a family vacation, even if it's just a day at the park - pile in the car and take a break.  You'll enjoy the time together, especially if a latte-deprived mom tells you to enjoy or else.

Pictures will soon follow!    

1 comment:

Mom said...

I really love this blog!! It was so very special being with all of you in NYC, and I dearly loved seeing "my city" through the eyes of your incredible children -- what a joy! They clearly loved everything about it and were so wide-eyed and excited about it all. I can't wait for you to make a return trip!

Much love,
Mom/Nana