Tuesday, December 15, 2009

An Incorrect Latte

I'll start with an explanation of the name of this post, my latte today was, in fact, incorrect. I ordered a non-fat mocha but was given a peppermint white mocha. Although it was festive, it actually wasn't what I wanted this morning, but at least it wasn't decaf.

For about 2 weeks I've been composing a latte in my mind on rearranging furniture. But that was an incorrect latte, what I've realized is that all of this moving beds, sofas, and dressers is all about sorting through more stuff. It is one thing to have a junk drawer or three throughout the house, but when you empty the contents of a huge cabinet it's hard to ignore all of the stacks of stuff. I spend so much time trying to organize all of the kids things, and, at least some of the time, I think I'm making progress. Lego pieces, barbies, dress-ups, and art supplies all have their place.

But what about all of my things? I don't seem to have a place for my books, pictures, and stacks and stacks of papers. My latte today is to be prepared, once you start rearranging things it might turn into a long process. I think that it has been metaphorical for sorting out all of the parts of my life. I will say that I now have a super-comfy place to watch TV in the den, but there is no sofa in the living room. I also have a huge basket of my own "stuff" to sort through while I sit on my comfy couch. Maybe tomorrow I'll start the day with a homemade latte so that at least I know I'll get the correct one.

No comments: