Monday, January 11, 2010

Domestic Diva

I am a Domestic Diva! Not really, but I think I might right a novel and start it with that sentence. Something with a heroine who stays home with her kids, drives an SUV, and has a very expensive latte habit that her husband is trying to break. But back to the domestic diva - that might be stretching it a bit, the laundry is starting to pile up and there are still dishes to be washed in the sink. I do feel as though I've had a productive couple of days on the homefront.

I've taken on closets as my new organizational project. I won't bore you with the details, but I've taken out a full bag of trash and all of the girls clothes, toys, and most of my bathroom items are now up to date and accessible. All of this without buying one new container of any sort.

My domestic diva latte is this - look around. You might have more cute and functional storage containers in your house than you realized. I've repurposed a tin watering can as a holder for all of the girls' fairy wands. Mary Jane laughed at me, but now she knows where to put them away.

No comments: