Sunday, August 9, 2009

First Day

I just set my alarm clock for tomorrow morning. Other than to awake for an early start to a road trip, it's the first time I've done that in a while. Tomorrow is the first day of school, 2nd grade and kindergarten for our family. I will admit that I didn't do a great job of getting everyone off of the summer schedule, but they did manage to get to sleep fairly early tonight. I expect that the morning rush for the first week won't be too bad, it's the 2nd week that gets exhausting.

For now, we have new shoes (which felt funny to Mason after wearing Crocs all summer), backpacks, and lunchboxes ready to go. Charlotte is much more independent than her brother, and I don't predict any apprehension about starting a new school. It's a new chapter for all of us, one that has many lattes ahead, I'm sure. I'll admit that I enjoyed the break from a schedule during the summer, but I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine. On that note, my back-to-school latte it to take it one week at a time, and have everyone pick out their clothes each night before bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!! Your blog readers miss you! Even though I'm not in ATL anymore, I'm glad that you'll be around still. I have a greater chance of bumping into you that way! Hope that this week goes smoothly. I can't believe you have a kindergartner this year!

Laura Sosa-Rocha said...

Hi Amy,

I just wanted to say hi and I read your blog, its nice to take a break from the day and read other peoples thoughts sometimes. Jonah starting school even though its prek at Fernbank was a shock that my babies are growing up and Ella will be 3 soon! I am finding it hard to keep up work, teh kids, now pta stuff and when is there time for me ;-) need to start making time slots every now and then. Hope you all can make teh BDAY party on the 22nd, I put the card in your mailbox.