Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday Reflections

Now that we have the 1st week of school behind us, routine is starting to set in. I just looked back, and it has been close to a year since I first wrote about Sunday reflections and lessons. Days of the week did not matter as much during the summer, but today we headed back into the school year with Sunday school at a new church. The kids do not seem to have been affected by all of the potential upheaval of this summer.

As we get into the new school year, I, once again, am trying to figure out how to get organized. I almost said "how to stay organized" but I need to get there first! We put new beds in the girls' room this weekend, and so I took everything out of their room and sorted it in the living room. I know that my husband would have loved to see more things go into the trash or get rid of piles, but I do feel like we at least got a handle on the inventory of barbies, dress-ups, and doll house accessories.

I think I'm reaching a point where some of my lattes might sound repetitive if you were to read them all together. I don't think anyone is actually going to go back and do that, so I guess I'm safe if I just go ahead with this latte - take it one room at a time. If you have kids underfoot, it is almost impossible to get everything organized at once. The task will seem much less overwhelming if you break it down into manageable pieces. One of these days I might get through enough of everyone else's things, that I even find time to organize my own stuff. Of course, it's only 4 months until Christmas and we'll need to reorganize then to make room for new toys!


1 comment:

chrissylee said...

Glad y'all are getting organized in Atl vs. Denver!