Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday Lessons

When I was little, everytime we had dinner with my grandparents my Grandfather would ask "What did you learn today?" It's not always an easy question to answer, but in the few days since I have been working on this blog, I've realized that I learn alot each day! Here are some of my lattes of the day...

1. Church is a great place to get some "me" time - the girls both love Sunday School during which I go to Java Monkey and read the Sunday Times Magazine. Rob and Mason spend some daddy son time together. During church, I sit with my grandparents who are now in their late 80s. It is very comforting to sit through the routine of the service and to see my grandparents help one another after 65+ years together.

2. Being a mother makes you overly emotional about most things and that is ok. Mary Jane stopped sleeping in a crib 4 days ago, and we were going to take the crib down this afternoon. I stood in the girls' room and cried and cried about it. It's a big milestone for her, and I'm excited that we're moving on, but I've has one of my babies in that crib for 6 1/2 years. Now I don't have any more babies in the house.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Your blog is SO good in every way -- interesting and helpful with all sorts of good tips and points of connection with other young moms. Is there a way for you to get the word out about it at Fernbank and Glenn? There has to be a way to increase the readership! In the meantime, I am loving every word of it. (I'm sad about the crib, too). Much love, Mom XXXXX