Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas

T'was the night before Christmas, so much to be done -
wrapping and cooking for Christmas day fun.
The kids were asleep and so was the dog,
mommy hoped to find a few minutes to blog.

It was soon Christmas morn, I'll admit it was wild,
Nothing matches the joy of Christmas for a child.
Barbies and bakugan and some cards from Starbucks,
who could believe our Christmas day luck?

We shared all the fun with the family that came,
Now I'll take a moment to thank them by name -
Thanks Grandaddy, Granjill, Uncle D and Grandpa,
Thanks to Meemaw, Deedaw, Aunt Allie and Grandma.

Now 2 days have passed, to my readers I say
Happy Christmas to all and enjoy this Latte!

2 comments:

Beth said...

So now you're not just a blogger, but a poet!! Love the rhyme. Also, I now realize the Sbucks card was probably the most cliche gift I could give--you probably got a year's supply. Hope all are enjoying the toys and the craziness has settled into them just being happily busy.
xxxF

Denise C said...

VERY well done, my friend!