Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tis the Season

As I've said before, I often feel like I live in a small town. Of course, Atlanta is anything but, and this time of year it really shows. It is overwhelming to look through the number of fun events taking place the next few weeks. At first glance, I want to take my kids to as many as possible to make this an exciting and memorable Holiday Season. Here's the reality - what seems to me like an activity right out of a Norman Rockwell painting , might create a memory of a long car ride for Mary Jane, carsickness for Mason, and too much money spent for my husband.

Here's a holiday planning latte, know your audience! The highlight of Charlotte's season so far has been seeing the girls dressed as Princesses in a Chick-fil-a Candyland to promote the new peppermint milkshake. There was face-painting, coloring, and we had lunch while we were there. Mason even won a game in the raffle which made his day. All for the price of a kid's meal.

We will do our share of traditional holiday activities this season. Mason & Charlotte are both going to be in the Church Christmas Pageant next week (Mason as a sheep, Charlotte as an Angel). We're going to ride the little holiday train that the Botanical Gardens on Saturday, but we're not going to try to sit through the Nutcracker when I'm pretty sure that I would be the only one really enjoying it. If you're enjoying the holidays, your kids will enjoy being with you even if you're just sitting at home redecorating the tree (as Mason does every couple of days) and drinking a latte.

2 comments:

Denise C said...

Let me know how the train is at the Gardens! That's the day of the Reindog Parade too. We're opting for the Christmas Parade downtown, followed by ice skating at Centennial Park! See you Saturday night for some adult fun!

Beth said...

HI Amy,
Sorry we didn't chat over the weekend--the time zone got away from me. I had a great yoga workshop in Vegas though I may never be able to walk again. Not one slot machine or drink while I was here--unusual but great vegas experience.

Hope the season continues to be fun and you're making it your own. I haven't felt or done anything christmas-y yet but our office holiday party is this week.

Hope you get another latte off tomorrow. The days without them feel like an empty cup!

Love,
F