Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Consignment Stores

In just two weeks, a lot of new stuff will appear in this house. The kids will be thrilled, and I'm already wondering where it will all go. One thing that I've done in an attempt to make a little room, is take a load of outgrown spring clothes to the consignment store. I've said before that getting rid of baby clothes is not always easy, but sometimes it feels great to make some room in the basement.

I am not someone who actually makes any money from consigning. Rob jokes that the only business at the store is from people who come in to sell things and end up making a few purchases. That actually sounds about right. At least I feel like I am being a little green in the process since I am buying used and, at the same time, I'm passing along things that no one in this house is using anymore. I also offset the cost of my purchases, and every little bit helps.

My soggy latte on this rainy day is to make some room. Santa is coming so whether you consign, donate, or throw away, make room now so you can enjoy the goodies in two weeks. Then you can treat yourself to an extra latte (perhaps Eggnog) and enjoy the season!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hi Amy,
The last time I went to a consignment shop in SF, they said to me (about what i thought were my VERY nice but too skinny clothes...) "We only take trendy and fashionale items and your style seems to be, um, more Ann Taylor Loft." I was so humiliated. I hope it's not so bad with kids clothes. Thanks for the latte-the decluttering message is ALWAYS helpful.
xxxF