Saturday, December 13, 2008

Take a walk...

...or a hike, but I don't want to sound rude. I mean it literally, get out and take a walk. That's easy to do in the spring when it's beautiful weather, but right now is when I really need the exercise and fresh air. I can make a list a mile long of reasons why the car is easier these days - bad weather, runny noses, pre-Christmas errands, etc. But on the flip side there is holiday stress and eating that I need to work off somehow.

Pushing a stroller for even 20 minutes is a great way to regroup. It is time when I don't talk on the phone, check email, or eat a snack. It is not a totally stress-free time if MJ goes on the attack against her sister in the stroller, but sometimes the girls will just sit back and enjoy the fresh air, too.

My latte is to get out and take a walk to get your next latte. You'll feel like you've earned it, and the kids can get some hot chocolate. If you're having a really hard time getting motivated, you can do what we just did, and get a dog! Many daily lattes about Goldie are coming...

1 comment:

Mom said...

Great latte! I really need to get motivated about exercising, so today's advice is just what I needed. Thank you!

When do we get to see photos of Goldie?

Much love,
Mom