Sunday, December 28, 2008

"The Love Boat"

I'm a huge fan of "The Love Boat." I have great childhood memories of Saturday nights spent in front of the TV watching the crew set out for another cruise. To this day, I have never actually gone on a cruise in part because I'm sure that I would be disappointed by the accommodations on board. They would not live up to the expectations that were set when I was an impressionable 8 year old. I also thought that Julie McCoy, cruise director, had the greatest job ever. Good news! I am now a cruise director in my very own home, how cool is that?

Now I understand why people plan vacations for the week after Christmas. The excitement of the holidays is wearing off, and the kids are all ready for activities outside of the house. The trick is to try to figure out what every other out-of-school child is doing right now and then do something else. Atlanta is in the midst of a terrible drought right now, but, of course, it has just rained for days so outside activities haven't really been an option.

My post-holiday latte is to make plans that involve friends. I have already sent out an email trying to recruit playmates for activities this week. It is hard to get out the door for a morning activity if you don't start trying to decide what to do until 9:00 AM. This can be a fun week if you keep everyone busy while trying to stay healthy. Whatever you do, stop and get a latte on the way - you'll need it!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Any takers for your play dates? Sounds much more fun than what I do the week after Christmas---work! But I know it's not all Acapulco (sp?) lounge and having Gopher (turned Congressman) to hang with. Hope it's a good week and that you've got some hang time with your friends and their kids.
xxxF