Tuesday, December 2, 2008

2 Latte Day

I'm tired today. Not just my usual level of "mother of small kids" kind of tired, but more of the "how am I going to make it to bedtime" tired. It was a long night last night. I have always been proud of the fact that our kids have never tried to sleep in our bed. That is partly due to logistics, we have a full sized bed and, for years, an 80 pound dog shared it with us so there was no room for anyone else. What ends up happening in our house is that we go to whichever child needs us during the night.

Last night was one of those nights. Mary Jane has a cold which makes it hard to sleep, and Mason just woke up restless at 4:30. Here is what I learned, Mary Jane needs flannel sheets on her bed and Mason needs an alarm clock. After a night of no sleep, I managed to fall into a very deep sleep in Mason's bed around 6 AM. Unfortunately, we didn't wake up until 7:30.

I'm not going to feel guilty that it is just one of those days. I'll just have an extra latte today, and I'll tackle the laundry tomorrow. That's all my latte is today, sometimes you need extra caffeine and a good night of sleep in a bed without children.

3 comments:

Mom said...

I hope you get a really good night's sleep tonight! I know you must so need it, to say the least.

I'm thinking about you, and I love you,

Mom

Beth said...

Hi Amy,
Sorry we haven't chatted---I've been have crazy 14 hour (and 4 latte) days myself. I'm headed to Vegas though on Friday for that yoga workshop i think i told you about-will have some down time then and will catch up for sure.

in the meantime, hope you are right now asleep in your own bed and the kids are doing the same thing. The blog is always great.
xxxF

Heidi said...

Hi Amy,

Don't know if you remember me - my name is Heidi Stanton Riechel, I'm your stepdad's brother's (Don)granddaughter. Your mom gave me your blog link - well done! I love reading it - makes me laugh. Dave and I are in Johns Creek. Our kids are 8(Stephen) and Caroline (7). Email me when you get a chance - we'd love to catch up with you guys.

Heidi
hriechel@yahoo.com