Thursday, January 1, 2009

Reflections and Resolutions

Happy New Year! Last night we went to the home of friends who were brave enough to have a kid friendly party. I think the adults were outnumbered at least 2 to 1 by kids under the age of 8. A great time was had by all! 2008 was an important year for our country, economy, and this family. I will remember it as the year we got a dog, found a great preschool for the girls, and the year I developed a passion for writing. It was also the year in which we moved out of the baby phase of having children which is bittersweet for us. The baby of the family is 2 1/2 going on 6. We now have a house full of little people who are almost too big to be carried but hopefully never too big to cuddle with their mommy. It all goes by so fast!

I have never been big on resolutions, but I will take a stab at a few. 2009 will be the year I start taking my own cup to Starbucks in an effort to live a greener life. I hope to lose the 5 pounds I've gained this holiday season so that I can find a pair of jeans and a bathing suit that I love. I will continue to try to get organized (I have today's receipt from The Container Store to prove it), and I will try to be more patient with my children and husband. Last, but not least, in 2009 I will keep updating my blogs on a regular basis. My 1st latte of 2009 is to do what I just did and have at least one resolution that will be east to keep!

2 comments:

Beth said...

HI Amy,
I am working on my resolutions today (I am big on them, making them at least once a week but harder to make than keep...) Yours sound inspiring as well as practical and very glad you are keeping up the blog. Don't know when I'll visit but am looking for a time in Feb probably. Lots up in the air right now. Happy New Year to all the Walkers. xxxF

Denise C said...

1) you do NOT need to lose 5 pounds - you look fabulous.
2) you are exceptionally, admirably patient with your children and your husband.
3) i would LOVE to help you find a pair of jeans and a bathing suit that you love!