Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Make a Plan

For several years my plan was to get pregnant and then take care of my babies. For the first year that I had 3 kids, I was lucky if my plans involved taking a shower every couple of days. Now that the kids are 2 1/2, 4 1/2, and 6 1/2, I have finally emerged from my post-baby fog. Today I realized that it is time to make a plan.

There's no punch line here, I don't actually have a grand plan, yet, but my latte is to go out and make a plan beyond next weeks' play group or Gymboree class. Taking care of my kids is the most rewarding and frustrating thing I'm sure I will ever do, but soon I will have some time for other things as well. Sometime soon, probably over a latte or two, I need think about what is going to come next for me and my family. Do I want to write a book, go to law school, go back to corporate America, or volunteer all of my time? I'm not sure right now, but I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I think you should write a book...a very very venti latte that would be and a great one. Hope the new year is going well thus far. I will call to chat soon.
Love,
F

Mom said...

I love all of your possible plans and am sure that you will grow into the answer that is right for you. This blog is a winner, and I'm sure your book would be as well. But then you'd be a terrific lawyer or corporate executive. Here's to new beginnings for you in the new year!

Much love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Yeah--join the club!! As for plans, write the book if you have time now--everyone keeps warning me that things just get more hectic as the kids get older. I'm sure you'll do great at whatever you decide to do. Let me know and we can start our own moms-returning-to-the-workforce support group!!!

Jen

Denise C said...

I'm thinking Rob wants you to volunteer all of your time. ;-) Seriously though, you'd be more than just lucky to do that. I'd be pissed at you.