Thursday, January 29, 2009

More Girlfriends

Today was a busy day.  Committee meetings, quick lunch and clothes change before rushing off to gymnastics, laundry, cleaning up after the dog, etc.  It actually was a really good day despite the chaos.  I also got to spend some time with some of my girlfriends.  I had lunch with women I've been friends with for close to 25 years.  I feel very old saying that.  There is an ease that comes with being around friends who were by your side during the drama of being a teenage girl.  

We added to the dinnertime chaos in this house by having another one of my girlfriends over and her kids for pizza while her husband is out of town.  I have only known her for a couple of years, but we have shared the drama of being a moms - going through things like sleep deprivation, trips to the emergency room, potty training, together.  It is another type of friendship that brings ease and comfort.

As a mother, I spend a good deal of  time trying to help my children build and foster friendships.  It's possible that one day they'll trade bakugan and barbies for a playdate of gossip and lattes.  All are important in this family!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hi Amy,
Who were all the gals you were hanging with? I want updates on all the ladies of the bench :)

Dad and I had a nice visit--went out to dinner Fri night and then a long walk along the water on Sat before he got on his VERY long flight.

It looks like I can come to Atlanta on my way home from a FL conference the weekend of March 19Will you be there? Ira is also in for the bday party.

Hope you're having a good wkend. Keep up the good blogging.

I've got the onset of a bad cold--trying to rest up for a big week at work ahead.

Love,
F