Saturday, January 17, 2009

One of Those Days...

I knew on Wednesday night that Thursday was probably going to be "one of those days." Charlotte went to bed with a very mysterious rash on her arm. Of course, I checked WebMD and decided that it looked alot like Chicken Pox. It turned out to be some sort of form of Exczema, but it took a full day of running around to doctors and begging to been seen at the Dermatologist office to reach that diagnosis. Any type of crowded waiting room with 3 kids is not really a fun place to be, but somehow we survived.

Charlotte had to miss a field trip, but she was excited to spend the morning with me while everyone else was in school. As a reward, and to help my sanity, we went out for coffee and she got to get a cup of whip cream. Lunch was a trip to the drive through to make up for not being able to go to gymnastics (at that point we had not ruled out contagious diseases). I managed to was all of the sheets and towels in the house because nothing makes you want to clean and disinfect the house more that children with possible communicable diseases. At 6:00 I realized that I had forgotten to go to the grocery store. Everyone loves pizza at least!

Here's the latte - some days are "those days" the type of day that you just have to endure. It's never part of the plan, and I didn't fully recover until I had a large Sangria with dinner on Friday and went to bed at 10:00 (that's very early for me). If you're having a bad day, know that you're not alone. The silver lining to my day was clean sheets, no cooking, and no chicken pox. And an extra latte!

1 comment:

Denise C said...

This is why you amaze me - because you manage through days like this swimmingly. You're an inspiration to WOTH (working outside the home) moms like me!