Thursday, January 8, 2009

A New Latte

Don't be afraid to try something new. I'm trying to convince myself of that as I say it. It's very easy (at least for me) to get stuck in a rut of doing the same things. I wear some variation on the same clothes most days, talk to the same people, let my kids watch too many of the same shows, etc. Today I tried a new latte, a London Fog Tzao tea latte (non-fat) from Starbucks. I'm sipping on it right now, and it's pretty good.

Charlotte also started a new gymnastics class and Mason is thinking of taking karate. All new things. I realize that none of this is monumental, but I tend to take baby steps with most things. Change has never been easy for me which you might have guessed by the fact that I live 1/2 mile from the house in which I grew up. Our children are growing up in an uncertain world in which anything is possible. Who knew that Aaron Spelling was onto something when he put a rotary phone in Sabrina's car on Charlie's Angels in the 70's? Hopefully my kids will learn to embrace change. So go out and try a new latte, maybe you'll find it right here.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Does watching Lipstick Jungle count as something new? I'm inspired to aim higher...thanks for the ideas.
xxxF