Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Things They Say...

Write it down! Today's latte is to write it down. What is "it"? The hilarious and profound things your kids say. Trust me when I tell you, as someone who once remembered everything (like what I wore the 1st day of 9th grade), it all starts to run together at some point when you have kids. I know that there are entire books and blogs devoted to the witty things that children say. You may choose to use old-fashioned methods such as journals or scrapbooks, or you can go high tech and record your memories on Facebook or a blog.

Since I have the attention of my mom, sisters, and three other readers, I'll go ahead and recount what Charlotte said today. She and Mason were playing Candyland - Mason won a new game at Chick-fil-a yesterday. Anyway, Charlotte got very upset and said that she could not land on the square with a peanut on it because she is allergic to peanuts. I had to laugh before telling her that I'm glad she is avoiding peanuts, but I didn't think she would have a bad reaction to the one on the game board.

I realize that with 3 small kids, I could sit here and write a book of amazing things they have said over the years. Mason once asked why we have a heart inside of us, why isn't it a triangle or a star? He also made me a decaf, carmel mocha in the play kitchen when I was pregnant with Mary Jane, and Charlotte once exclaimed loudly at Starbucks, "Oh my gosh, I forgot to put on any lip gloss this morning!" The woman next to us almost spilled her daily latte on her laptop she was laughing so hard. As frustrating as kids can be, if you remember some of the funny things they say and do, it might be a little easier to forget some of the not so funny things. So write it down!

3 comments:

Beth said...

I bet you remember what you were wearing when you were 9 days old, not just first day of 9th grade.

Love to peanut and lip gloss comments---keep 'em coming.

Hope says "ira" but that's it. kind of a one-joke "child."

Love,
F

Mom said...

I love today's latte! But then again, I really love them all. Charlotte certainly comes up with memorable lines. When I asked her why I didn't have as much energy as she does, she paused a moment and said, "Well, Nana, maybe it might be because you're just not exactly my age" which is much more tactful than saying, "Nana, you're OLD!" Keep up the terrific blogging!

Allie said...

Amy! Charlotte's comments made us laugh out loud at 2:00 in the morning. You have more viewers than you think. :)

Love,

Allie and Virginia