Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Distractions

There was a time, not so long ago, when I could work on the same spreadsheet for an hour at a time without getting distracted.  Now, I go into the kitchen to get a glass of milk for one of my children, and, along the way, I stop to check Facebook, put away a few dishes (they're never done), and write down a few things on the calendar.  10 minutes later, I hear someone calling asking for their glass of milk.  I got distracted - again.

I'm not sure if whether it's age, motherhood, technology, or some combination that sends us into multi-task overdrive, but too much multi-tasking makes it impossible to get anything done.  Today's latte is to do one thing at a time.  If you're playing a game with your son, don't check email or read the paper at the same time.  Mary Jane often tells me to "get that phone off of your ear"  Princesses do alot of things, multi-tasking is not one of them.  Try to limit distractions, you'll enjoy your daily latte more!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love this latte, especially Mary Jane's command that you "get that phone off of your ear!" She is going to run the world some day.

Much love,
Mary Jane's Nana (and Mason and Charlotte's, too)!