Sunday, February 1, 2009

25 Random Things

I joined Facebook a few months ago.  One of the things going around right now is a list of 25 random things about yourself.  If someone "tags" you in their list, then you write your own list of 25 things about yourself.  I will admit that I started thinking about my list about a week before I was tagged, and I was excited to start writing.  It is not that easy.  

My latte today is to make a list.  It was a fun and thought provoking exercise.  For those of you who did not read my list on Facebook, here it is:

1. I am an easy person to get to know, my emotions are easy to read.
2. I am terrified of change, Rob craves it - that's one of the reasons we are so good together.
3. I use to think it was silly on TV when characters stood at a door and watched their children sleep, now I do it all the time.
4. I've been secretly hoping someone would tag me in one of these notes (thanks Leslie).
5. I lived in Denver for 5 years and loved it, but I never took up skiing.
6. I love family and I wish that my brother and my sister both lived on my street instead of in Texas and California.
7. I have been tired for seven years.
8. My life revolves around my kids.
9. I have a love/hate relationship with my house, but, like Dorothy, I think there's no place like home.
10. The only time I have really liked my hair was at my wedding.
11. The month of December is my favorite time of year, I'm not much of a Halloween person.
12. I hate that I don't have babies anymore, but it is nice to be done with diapers.
13. Patience is the biggest thing motherhood has taught me, I'm still learning.
14. Going to camp every summer is one of the best things I did growing up, but it breaks my heart to think of my kids leaving for any length of time (even for CJL).
15. Preschool politics are no fun to get in the middle of, but I can't say no to committees.
16. I have made some amazing new friends in the last 3 years, and I am also still close friends with girls I have known since high school. I consider myself very lucky.
17. We just got a DVR last week, I'm not sure how I lived without it.
18. We no longer have a LAN line, I don't miss it at all.
19. I started writing a mommy blog in October http://amysdailylatte.blogspot.com/ Writing it has changed the way I think about each day.
20. I love that Facebook makes me feel like I'm in touch with all sorts of people from my family, distant past, and recent past.
21. I am a dog person.
22. I will never be caught up on the laundry or the dishes.
23. I am constantly trying to figure out how to live a greener life (unplug, unplug, unplug).
24. I don't have words to describe how great of a husband and father Rob is.
25. I have wasted, I mean spent so much time on this list that I'm going to post it on my blog.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I want a tag so I can do it too! xxF

Mom said...

What a terrific list, Amy -- great job! I really loved reading it. Thank you for writing it. It's VERY good.

XXXXX
Mom

Beth said...

I never know where you're reading things--here or FB--but if you have a slow latte day, feel free to put up my 25 as a guest columnist as I think only people have read it.
xxxF

~Sandy said...

What a great list!!!!! Thanks for sharing.
BTW, I'm a Ga mom too.It's good to meet another ga mom.
I found your blog through the mom blog site and I'm just starting to read.
Hugs,Sandy