Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fashion

This topic is a little like decorating - probably not a subject on which I should give advice.  When Mason was about 6 months old, I remember reading an article in Baby Talk magazine with advice about how to avoid the "mom uniform" which at the time was kaki pants, tee shirt, running shoes, and a pony tail.  That happened to be what I had on as I read the article.  

These days my uniform has evolved to jeans, Danskos, and layered tees if it's cold out.  If I'm doing alot of walking then I spend the day in workout clothes.  I'm finally ok with that.  I see moms all of the time who look like they find time to shower, put on makeup and a cute outfit before leaving the house in the morning.  I'm not that mom.  The advantage of dressing down all of the time is that it makes a much bigger impression on the very rare occasions that I do dress up.  

My girls are young enough (I think) that they don't pay much attention to what I wear - their clothes are much more interesting than mine.  Different patterns on skirts, tights, and shirts are all the rage for little girls these days.  By age 2, both girls developed strong opinions about what to wear.  My very grown-up latte, after years of blisters, is to wear comfortable shoes.  You'll need them while you chase kids around so that you don't spill your Daily Latte.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Classic comfort is the key! How are you liking the twilight series? A friend in my hood is reading them. I just finished a very bizzare book called "An Arsonists Guide to New England Writer's Homes," or something to that effect. That was my book club's pick - not my favorite!

Hope you're well!
Heidi