Monday, February 9, 2009

Wake Up!

I am not a morning person.  I'm also not an early evening or late night person.  I guess I'm more of an 8 - 3 kind of Mom.  It's all a little unfortunate since my kids need me from at least 6:30 in the morning until 8 at night.  My mornings usually start between 4:30 and 6 when either Mason or Mary Jane calls me.  I crawl into bed with my child and go back to sleep until someone else wakes up.  On some mornings, everyone sleeps and I actually have to wake Mason up at 7:15 so we can all scramble to get him out the door in time for school.  Of course, on weekends all of the kids are up by 6:45.  All of this helps explain my very expensive latte habit.

Today's latte, and you'll need a latte to go with it, is wake up a little earlier.  I know that staying in bed an extra 10 minutes is not going to help me feel any less tired, and, yet, I still try to cling to a few more minutes.  I need to take my own advice and get up earlier which is actually a little easier now that it's not so cold.  Maybe I'll be able to make time for an extra latte!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm doing it! I've been getting up at 5:30 to go to the gym and it's finally working on the other end--getting sleepy at 9. I HAVE to be organized and have all my work clothes packed and ready and basically sleeping in my gym clothes or I'd never be motivated. I can't even get up to let Hope outside when I'm super tired--don't know how you doit.
xxxF

Mom said...

I'm with you, Beth -- up at 5:30 to go to the gym which means I can't even fudge with 5 extra minutes in bed or all is lost. But I'm also done in by 9pm, so my reading life is non-existent. This is great advice, Amy; but you really, really need your extra 10 minutes in bed whenever you have a chance. You must feel sleep-deprived much of the time although you never show it.

XXXXXX
Mom