Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Good Stuff

My latte today should be to get organized.  Clearly, I'm not since I took my kids to the suburbs 30 minutes north of town for a birthday party at a jumpy place on Saturday only to find that the party was actually not until Sunday.  I had no one to blame but myself for the mix up.  I guess I could hold Mary Jane partly responsible since she ran off with the invitation about 3 minutes after it arrived in the mail, but I think it's really my fault.

By the time I drove back to the burbs today for the party, I realized that it actually made for an ok excursion.  Here are a few reasons that it's all good:  1. Yesterday was very, very rainy so being at a Jumpy Place was a good indoor activity, 2. Unlike last weekend, we did not have 3 other parties to get to.  In fact, the only other birthday party this weekend was just for adults.  It helped my mood yesterday knowing that I had a babysitter and night out with my husband on the way.  3. We still actually made it to the party, and everyone had a good laugh - the situation wouldn't have been as amusing if we were a day late instead of early.

As a result of the long drive again today and the fact that we went out last night to a grown up party, I'm worn out from the weekend but I'm not beating myself up for my mistake.  I'm looking at it as a learning experience (write it down, and double check the date & time), and a good latte, find the good stuff in a not so good situation.  

On a side note, I told Mason at bedtime that he needs to take a flower in to school tomorrow because it is teacher appreciation week, he looked confused and said, "Shouldn't we appreciate teachers every week?"  That's the good stuff!


2 comments:

Mom said...

Mason's comment is THE BEST!! You're right -- that's definitely the good stuff.

Beth -- WELCOME BACK to the "Daily Latte"! We have all missed you. Even Goldie has looked a little sadder than usual in her blog photo since you've been gone. We're glad you're back.

XXXXX
Mom

Becky said...

Hey

When I started a part-time job in September and with Chris doing an EMBA the only way I could keep with everything is google calender:-) Early to a party is always better than late!