Saturday, March 21, 2009

"It takes a village..."

As I'm sure you know, "It takes a village" is not my line, but, right now, it is my life.  I was thinking about that line this morning when another mother actually said it to me.  She was picking her daughter up from my house between soccer and baseball games for her boys.  I am navigating my way through 5 birthday parties in 3 days while Rob is out of town.  It took carpools, playdates, and a babysitter to coordinate the day, but everyone survived and had fun.  

One day this week I got a call from another mother 10 minutes before preschool pick up - she was in a fender bender and she wanted to know if I could get her child from school.  About a month ago I asked the same favor of her when I locked myself out of the house.  As moms we need other moms (and dads) to rely on and to help us stay sane as we navigate our way through each day.  Today's latte is to ask for help, if you try to do it all yourself you and your kids will miss out.  Drop a child off with a friend while you take someone else to a party.  It will be more fun for everyone, and I'm sure that you will return the favor in no time.  And if you have a few child-free minutes (as I did this morning) don't forget to stop for a latte!

No comments: