Saturday, October 11, 2008

Girlfriends

I know that it has been said over and over again in almost every type of women's and parenting magazine, but the latte of today is so important: You need to spend some time with girlfriends. Whether it is drinking coffee while watching kids play, seeing a good chick flick together, or having some rare time without any kids. I guess the irony of time away from kids is that so much of it is spent talking about the kids, but at least you can order food in a restaurant without worrying about anyone but yourself.

Today I got to get away for a lunch for a baby shower for a good friend. It is a great feeling to dress up a little bit, and share some laughs and a nice meal with friends while daddy entertains the kids at home. I consider myself very lucky to have such an amazing group of women to call my friends!

No comments: