Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Goals

My husband passed the test for an important certification tonight! I'm very proud of him, and I'm looking forward to having him get back to the long list of to-do's that I've accumulated while he's been studying. It's a big deal both personally and professionally. My goals are not always quite as lofty - finish a load of laundry, write a new post for my blog, unload the dishwasher. Sound familiar?

As parents, it is not only important for us to have goals in order to get through our daily tasks, but it is also important for us to have goals so that our kids can learn what it means to complete the task we set out to accomplish. Mason asked me the other day why I always have to go clean up, and I told him that it just never seems to be done. I'm thinking that a goal of mine should be to get organized to the point that I can stop cleaning for a little while. At least until the next box of cheerios is dumped on the kitchen floor. I would like to set a good example of setting a goal and completing it so that my kids will learn how to set and achieve their own realistic goals. Maybe one of them will have a goal of opening a great coffee shop called Amy's Daily Latte.

1 comment:

Mom said...

This is a terrific latte, and I'm feeling sad that it has 0 comments, so I am leaving one to let you know that I really, really liked it a LOT. Maybe it will even inspire me to finish one of my lingering goals this evening which is to unpack from our weekend in NYC before starting to pack for TG in Atlanta. It definitely needs to happen or there will be no room in that little suitcase.

Much love,
Mom