Thursday, November 6, 2008

A new lovey

$77. $77 is the price I paid for a new Bunny lovey for my 2 1/2 year old. I'll have to forgo a couple of lattes to cover the cost, but Mary Jane seems relieved. She knows that it is different, but she told her Grandjill that now she could sleep. So the Bunny saga has now ended 9 days after it started. Was it all worth it?

That's my latte of the day, yes, it is all worth it. The good, bad and ugly - sometimes motherhood doesn't make any sense, but we do what we need to do to keep the peace and keep our sanity. That could mean threatening no more TV ever, giving in to a request for a marshmellow in the middle of the day, or spending $77 for an $8 lovey. Not everything we do for our kids has to be reasonable, sometimes we just know in our hearts that it needs to be done. I will sleep better knowing that my baby has her baby back.

1 comment:

Beth said...

that so sweet!!! can you post a pic of the new lovey? Also loved the "find your passion" latte--I need to find my own.
xxxF