Saturday, November 15, 2008

Muppets

Today, my latte is to have fun! It sounds so simple, but as the mother of young kids it is very easy to spend all of your time and energy planning fun things for the family that you never really enjoy yourself because you are too busy worrying about everyone else. Or am I the only one who does that? At any rate, this morning we did something that was so much fun for all of us. We went to the Muppet exhibit at The Atlanta History Center (http://www.atlhist.org/). It was very nostalgic for me because I have great memories of watching The Muppet Show before bed when I was 4 or 5. Charlotte was amazed when she saw Miss Piggy for the first time today. "She's so fancy," she said. All of the kids laughed hysterically at the screening of musical selections from the show.

Don't get me wrong, I actually do have fun doing lots of things with the kids. Today just seemed a little different because we all got to share something that I loved as a child. Trust me when I say that the Muppets are actually more funny if you watch the show as an adult. Less educational than Dora the Explorer, but much more entertaining . Now I'm off to do more fun things with my family. As Kermit sang in The Muppet Movie, "Life's like a movie, write your own ending, keep believing, keep pretending..."

This one's for you, F.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Thank You so much, Amy. That made my day. I am so happy that you got to share the Muppets with the kids. I know I could still sing all the songs by heart-"why are there so many songs about rainbows..." The right your own ending message is just what I needed today. Thank You. Love, F

Mom said...

Dearest Daughters,

Today's latte, along with Beth's comments, made me cry. Of course, at my advanced age, I never realized that there was a single child (or parent) on the planet that did not know all about the muppets with their amazing insights and unforgettable songs!

I love Miss Piggy, Kermit, Oscar, Big Bird, Bert, Ernie, and, more than anyone or anything in the world, the two of you.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Amy!! I love your blog. What a cute idea!! Thanks for today's posting... it took me back too. Hope you are doing well. Miss chatting with you (and your latte in hand!!)