Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful for Chaos

I'm still full. I had three full turkey, dressing, green bean, etc meals in two days. That's not counting the leftovers today. I'm spending Thanksgiving week living every cliche - we've all eaten too much, our Christmas tree is up, and I fought the crowds at the mall and Toys R Us on this, the busiest shopping day of the year. My latte today, as I relax and think I'm going to have to exercise sometime, is to realize the fine line between chaos and stress, and stay away from the stress side of the line.

As the mother of small children, the holidays are a busy, crazy, and potentially stressful time of year. Right now, Mary Jane is getting a cold, Charlotte thinks that Santa is actually going to bring everything she sees advertised on Nick Jr., and Mason has no idea that Bakugans are harder to find than a rare lost bunny

I've somehow learned to expect the unexpected and just move on. In the next month, I'm guessing that I might need more than one latte to get through some days, but it's my favorite time of year and, for me, the chaos is part of what I love. Embrace the chaos and enjoy the holidays!

2 comments:

Beth said...

THANK YOU!!!! My life is whole again. xxxF

Denise C said...

SO true! Every time there is a commercial on TBS, the girls say, "I'm getting that!"

Although on a more serious note, with finances the way they are in this economy, we are embracing Christmas arts and crafts like they are going out of style and it's CHAOTIC, but the girls LOVE it and they're so excited about the holidays!