Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's Potty Time!

After yesterday's latte about goals, I realized that I actually had quite a few goals that I had already achieved. In fact, most of parenting is about accomplishing goals or at least providing our children with an environment in which to do things like learn to walk, talk, be creative (or messy), and how to succeed on their own.

An important skill in surviving in the world is mastering the art of going potty. Today, for the first time since July 9, 2002, I did not change a diaper! I have survived teaching 3 people how to use the potty, and my latte today is that you can do it, too. I have to say, I am pretty proud of myself, and my kids didn't do such a bad job either. My kids are 3 very different people, and this is just one more thing that they all did very differently, but they all did it and we all survived the mess and chaos that came with the process. I might just treat myself to an extra latte with our diaper savings!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Wow, Amy, and that's a huge deal. Congrats to MJ on going sans diapers. I know Mason had the potty boot camp approach--can't remember what you did with Charlotte but that's a huge accomplishment. You deserve an extra latte (and maybe a martini..)
xxxF

Mom said...

Congratuations, Amy!! WOW! That's really a big deal, and I am so proud of you and all three of your "grown up" children. I'm with Beth -- forget the latte and treat yourself to a martini. You definitely deserve it. Can't wait to see ALL of you diaperless Walkers SOON!

XXXXXX
Mom