Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Humbug

I have a confession to make, I don't really like Halloween. It's unfortunate because with a 2, 4, and 6 year old, Halloween is a really big deal. As a child, I remember it being a stressful time of year trying to decide on just the right costume. I don't remember ever just loving what I had except for the time in 8th grade when my older sister let me wear one of her cheerleading uniforms to a Halloween party. Anyway, I have to put all of my own Halloween issues aside so that my kids can have a great one.

Luckily, my kids are easily amused and they seemed to have a great time without alot of fuss. Mason wanted to make his own costume by mixing the body from his old Power Ranger costume with his Spider Man mask to be "Spider Ranger" Mary Jane was a ballerina and I even got a jacket on her. Charlotte was a fairy princess (I put wings from one costume on her Cinderella dress). I'm sure that I will be eating candy that I don't need for a month, and right after Christmas they will probably start tossing around ideas for costumes for next year. But here it is, my latte from Halloween - make it fun for the kids and you don't have to buy new costumes every year if they'll get excited about something you already have. Save your money for replacement loveys on eBay.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amy . . . I love reading your blog! You are such a great writer and so good about dealing with issues and moving on! I was such a worrier when David and Allie were little. I wish I had had your daily latte to read and inspire me! Love you, Jill