Sunday, November 9, 2008

Holiday Traditions

I know, it's not even Thanksgiving, yet, and we still have some Halloween decor on our front porch, but the Holidays seem to have arrived. Christmas decorations are everywhere, and we'll have ours out soon. Now, if you are one of the 4 or 5 people who read my lattes regularly, you know that I'm not big on Halloween, but Christmas is a different story. Having kids has added a new dimension to my take on the Holidays, and it has added to the chaos exponentially, but it is all worth it.

My latte today is to make sure that you have one or two traditions for whatever holidays you are celebrating. Something simple that the kids will enjoy now. Traditions can evolve as children grow. I've learned that some things, like a candle light Christmas eve church service, are not meant for small children, so that tradition might have to wait.

For right now, one of the things that the kids and I love to do is ride the Pink Pig (www.macys.com/campaign/pinkpig/index.jsp) at a mall nearby. I know that the time is coming soon when Mason will be too cool for something so pink, and so I always try to get in several trips to Lenox before it gets too crazy. As an added bonus today, Santa was already at the mall. How can you help but love a tradition that lets a 4 year old spend 5 full minutes sitting on Santa's lap talking about all of the Barbie & the Diamond Castle items she would like? Get out and enjoy the Holiday season, it gets longer and longer every year. I for one can't wait to put up my tree and enjoy an eggnog latte!

3 comments:

Beth said...

that pic is adorable. maybe Charlotte should ask for a new pair of Crocs as hers seem to be falling off :) Christmas will be here before you know it and Sbucks will be back to the boring green and white cups so we should enjoy it while it lasts. talk soon.
xxF

Denise C said...

What is it with the Barbie Diamond Castle thing?!

Beth said...

hello-isn't it a daily latte. missing my fix today xxF