Friday, November 7, 2008

Sick Little Ones

It's that time of year. Mason & Charlotte have both been sick at least once this fall, Mary Jane was due. A sick child will stop plans that you might have faster than any tantrum. We were out this morning with some of Mary Jane's new friends from school and with their moms who are becoming some of my new friends. I hope that we're all still friends even if we brought germs along on the playdate!

It might take a few lattes to get through a few sick days with a child because the sick days often come with sleepless nights. Relax, I've found that Mommy's lap is usually the bests (and sometimes only) medicine that will make a little one feel better. Mary Jane stays busy most of the time, and while I hate that she's sick, I actually enjoyed how cuddly she was today. I was able to slow down and let her sit in my lap while we watched The Little Mermaid. Soon enough she'll be up and running around again ready to go out with her friends. Maybe we can all meet for a latte.

No comments: