Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Where's Bunny?

Last night, I was having dinner with my cousin when Rob called and uttered two terrible words "where's Bunny?" We are now going on 24 hours without any Bunny sightings. For those of you who don't know Bunny, she is my 2 1/2 year old's lovey. She looks alot like a rag, and she goes everywhere with Mary Jane. I know that some kids don't have loveys, but they are big in our house. I once backtracked on a walk for 45 minutes, 2 hours before my sister's wedding in order to find Mason's bear. I realize that I usually do a Bunny-check every 20 minutes or so if we have her out of the house, and yet, she's no where to be found. We have turned the house upside down - we've checked the usual places like the bed, couch, refrigerator, and places that I know Mary Jane would never be able to put her like in high cabinets or under our mattress.

Apparently, we're not the only ones with this particular bunny that is no longer made, I found one on eBay for $140.00. If we find Bunny, maybe we should sell her. I guess the good news is that Mary Jane is sad, but not devastated. I, on the other hand, am heartbroken. I feel like I have let her down by not keeping up with her baby, as she calls her. I was up most of the night sifting through laundry and closets. Who knew that old West Wing episodes came on at 3:00 AM? So, in my sleep deprived state (more so than usual), I offer this daily latte, it's ok to mourn a loss, even that of a small lovey. Be sad for a day, and then move on - if necessary, there's always eBay.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Did hyou find bunny? Can you use that old red reg of a bear of Dad's as a sub for a few days? I wish I had a little lovey---very sweet. And I think probably worth the $140 on EBay.
xxxF

Denise C said...

So sorry about Bunny, Ame! I've asked McKenna and Marin if they've seen bunny, and McKenna says she saw Bunny in our play room. Not likely. Then she said she thought maybe Bunny got dropped at the Bagel place yesterday...again unlikely.

I hope MJ is ok!

David Brown said...

I hope Bunny comes back! But if not, you can borrow Teddy. Or Allie might lend you Pablo Sanchez, Keisha or Ned "Teddy" Woo. "Bongo" is not in very good shape last time I saw him; his head was hanging by a thread.

Mom said...

That's really sad about Bunny, but it sounds like Mary Jane is taking it quite well. How's she doing now that it's been a couple of days? Amy, maybe you can find (or start) a support group for Moms whose little ones have lost their lovies. I'm sure the need is widespread. Beth, maybe Santa will bring you a little lovey for Christmas. You never know.

Much love,
Mom