Friday, October 24, 2008

2 year old fun

How do you entertain a very energetic and temperamental 2 year old? It's not always easy if you want to have some fun yourself as well. Since I worked at a preschool every day last year, MJ and I didn't have much time alone together until this fall. Good thing I've taken Filling time with a Preschooler, 101.

Here's what I've learned through the years - classes are fun sometimes, but really only if you are having fun with the other moms. Trust me, I've tried them all - I took Mason to his first Gymboree class when he was 7 months old. We've also tried My Gym, The Little Gym, swimming, and various music classes. The most fun I've had in a class is when several girlfriends and I signed our then 2 year olds up for a class at play-2-grow.com. It's not a franchise and it was great!

Even a great class can be a big commitment both financially and in terms of time. For now, I'm trying to reduce the amount of stress in our lives, and so Mary Jane and I have some mornings when we just go to the park or make a game out of grocery shopping. My stand-by for entertainment is to go to the book store, if there is a free story-time going on, even better. And of course, what 2 year old doesn't love feeling like a big girl and getting a vanilla milk with Mommy who is getting, you guessed it, a daily latte.

1 comment:

Beth said...

First of all, I've used google from your site at least 25 times so far. Are you rich yet?

Love the 2 year old book dates you go on and also appreciate all the links-checked out play-2-grow as well as the handbag site from a couple posts ago. I want to do babyspa myself!

xxxf