Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Starting a Business (Part 2)

Ok, I know I haven't been blogging for very long, and it may be a little soon to recycle old blogs, but, here's the latte to go along with this recycled blog - know your technology. Prior to now, I haven't had working links in my entries and I thought it would be nice to include those. Also, here is a follow up, and another business started by a classmate of Rob's from Ohio, I love, love, love my bag from www.amymichellebags.com! It makes me feel like I'm not in a hurry to potty train Mary Jane. Finally, the other business that I mentioned and love, play-2-grow.com, a great place to take a class with a toddler in Atlanta. Now for the recycled blog...

Of course, we would all love to find that perfect business idea that will give us flexibility to do what we love while spending time with our families and making enough money to support everyone at home. I just thought I would take a minute to say good job to a few who have actually had the endurance to make it work. www.stinkykids.com is a t-shirt business started by the mom of kids at our old preschool. I must say that this family has done more than our share to help get the business going. Another one that I have supported a bit is www.darlingmummy.com I love their shirts and I must be a sucker for $25 tees. If you end up shopping with either of them, let them know that you read about them on my blog. If you design and sell expensive tees, let me know, I'll probably buy one. If I were at all artistically inclined, I would design some myself.

The one business that all moms should check out is www.brainytunes.com My brother-in-law is a terrific kid's singer/songwriter. It's worth a listen. If my mom and my sister are still the only ones reading this, then I guess we all know the words to Molly the Moose (my personal fave).

1 comment:

Beth said...

love all the sites--I googled them even before the links were working. And thanks for the b-tunes plug! xxxF