Sunday, October 19, 2008

Expectations

I feel as though I spend alot of time trying to figure out how to simplify life for my family. Here's a tip that I read somewhere recently which makes a good weekend latte - take a look at your to-do list for the weekend and then cut it in half. You'll spend less time feeling like you should be doing something more productive, and more time having fun. Face it, your kids' main expectation is to spend time with you and running errands may not be a small child's idea of quality time.

Being flexible helps, too. This morning I thought we would try to make it to church, but when Charlotte appeared in a much too small Ohio State cheerleading uniform and tights, I changed my expectations of what we were going to do this morning. I will admit that Rob & I did drag our kids along for a quick trip to Trader Joes, but then they had plain old play time at our house and had a great time making a secret hide-out under the porch. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon in the fall in Atlanta.

No comments: