Saturday, October 25, 2008

Toys

Pokemon, Bakugan - If this sounds like a foreign language to you, then I'm guessing you don't have a six year old boy living in your house. Bakugans are my first grade son's latest obsession. They are these neat little things with magnets in them that the kids trade and battle with. Mason sleeps with his, sets them up on the table when he eats, you get the picture. Here's the thing, 2 months ago he was just as obsessed with his Pokemon trading cards. He spent days decorating his Pokemon card book. This week he gave that book to his little sister since he isn't into Pokemon anymore.

What latte could I possibly derive from all of this rambling? Don't stock up on anything. In my basement right now there sits a Pokemon game of some sort that I found last month at a consignment sale, and I thought it would make a great Christmas present. I guess I could give it to Charlotte since she is now the owner of all of the cards. It seems like only yesterday that Mason was outgrowing Elmo, Blues Clues, Spiderman, Transformers... One day he'll learn to just stick with what works, and maybe he'll enjoy ordering the same thing from his local coffee shop every day. Until then, I'll wait until December to do the Christmas shopping!

2 comments:

David Brown said...

What about Four Arms and Humongosoar? Are they not cool anymore? I was starting to get good at those. I'll have to study up on my Pokemon before Thankgiving.

Mom said...

Did Mason take his Bakugans with him on the camping trip? How did that go? I'm glad to know how to actually spell "Bakugan." I really didn't have a clue.

I agree with your sister. You definitely deserve some major "me time." How about a trip to New York all by yourself??

Much love,
Mom