Friday, October 3, 2008

Organization (or lack thereof)

I have several books about how to get organized, reduce clutter, etc. It's a slow process for me because I tend to just keep things in stacks around the house, but it's hard to keep little hands from moving things. Organizing toys is a constant battle, but we have a rough system for it. Rob now refuses to purchase any more bins, baskets or shelves to further organize. We need to just "get rid of the stuff." This blog is going to be yet another test of my organizational skills. I haven't quite figured out how to organize my thoughts. I would welcome any suggestions.

I guess my daily latte (or tip) on this subject is to purge as much as possible rather than store it. This especially holds true for toys. One thing, you must make sure that you have all of the pieces of a toy before getting rid of it otherwise you're in for trouble when a 3 year old finds a stray part.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hi Amy,
I'm so impressed that you're keeping up with it daily!!! Do you ever watch Army Wives (this is embarasing to admit that I do) but there's this character who you remind me of--she ends up getting her own talk radio show because everyone loves her advice. Maybe that's your next step.

Everybody wants to be free...

xxxxF