Friday, October 17, 2008

Sisters

Today my mom and I had a girls day with my girls. Charlotte is recovering from being sick, and it was very rainy so a great day for indoor, girl-friendly activities. You guessed it - pedicures, mall, and lunch. We all had a great time, although Charlotte kept talking about wanting to get or save things for Mason. Mom and I even commented on how great it is that the kids are all so close.

For such a great day, it didn't end quite as well. My cousin called to say that my aunt (my mom's sister) is in the hospital. Being a mother of more than one child gives you a new perspective on sibling relationships as you see them develop for your children. I once said that there is a fine line between a hug and a headlock among siblings. My takeaway from today is a simple latte, call your sister, and if she lives nearby, go out for coffee and a pedi!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Hi Amy,
Great and touching post today. Wish we could go out for an actual latte today!!!
Love,
F

Charlotte said...

Hi Amy - thanks for letting me know about your blog - it makes me want to go out for latte with MY Mom and my sister...hope you're doing great. Love, Charlotte (the older one:)

Mom said...

I love this latte, and I loved our wonderful girls' day out with those two adorable daughters of yours! I just wish your sister could have been with us. Watching Charlotte and Mary Jane get their first pedicure is something I will never forget. What a couple of cuties!

Much love,
Mom