Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Birthday!

I could give lots of tips about birthday parties for children, I've spent lots of time planning them in the last 6 years. I thought about calling this blog something like "birthdays & bandaids", but lets face it, I have many more lattes than I do birthdays. Today I had both because it's my birthday. Here's my latte of the day: Let your kids plan a pseudo surprise party for you, and act very surprised. Rob & the kids had a surprise party for me tonight. I helped Rob plan it, but the kids we so excited because they thought I was completely surprised. It was fun for everyone!

2 comments:

Mom said...

This is a terrific "latte of the day" as was yesterday's about girlfriends. Even when you're my age and enjoying time with your amazing aging girlfriends, you can't imagine how much of our time we spend talking about our children and grandchildren. Some things never change.

Much love, Mom

Beth said...

Hi Amy,
I've been traveling and AWOL for acouple of days but these last 2 are great. Do you take requests? I would like to see a latte about what parents should do with kids who are screaming in public at places such as a church or wedding. Last night I was at a wedding with a 4 year old singing very loudly (not part of the wedding) during the vows. I was angry and frustrated at the parents for not taking him away but I'm no parent so don't know the 411 on this. Hope you had a great (surprise) bday. xxxF