Monday, October 6, 2008

Daddy

This morning Mary Jane had a 30 minute tantrum because Daddy left for work. There was nothing I could do to calm her down. I felt terrible for her and for me because I was so helpless. By the time we took Charlotte to school, took Daddy to work (his bus never arrived) and made it to Starbucks, she was happy again. We then had a great morning of coffee, strolling and storytime at the library. My latte of the day is that all tantrums will come to an end! You might have to wait it out for a little while. Mary Jane didn't want me near her until she calmed down. Also, there are times when it is nice to not be the favorite parent - Mary Jane would rather have Rob take care of her if she wakes up in the middle of the night. That's a nice break for me sometimes!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Amy,
The new pic of MJ is adorable (is that dress from me???) Your tips are great life lessons, even for a non-Mom :) Very touching to hear about church and the crib.
xxxxF

Beth said...

PS: You are inspiring me to do a blog but I can't think of my angle yet-maybe "zen green tea" because that's what I get at Sbucks. But need to hone in on my niche. F